Five years back ,I came upon a miracle cure for many physical ailments. Not only did I get relief from physical discomfort, I also found an extraordinary sense of peace and calm. Today I am going to share this beautiful experience called Yoga with all my beloved readers. Let’s look at the immense benefits we get by practising yoga daily. I will also share some of my favourite yoga poses and their individual magical advantages. Before we start, I would like to remind all of you that Yoga should be practised initially in the presence of a certified and experienced yoga practitioner. Please do not try the poses on your own until you are confident that you are doing it correctly.
With daily practice of yoga, even beginners can achieve the following:-
- Mental calmness and Mindfulness
- Controlled breathing
- Highly flexible body
- Toned muscles and strengthened core
- Increased weight loss
- Healthy internal organs
- Improved body shape
- Better resistance to diseases
- Increased immunity
- Excellent focus and improved concentration
- Enhanced blood circulation
- Better bone health
- Improved body vital signs
Eye-opening benefits of 3 simple yoga poses
- Strengthens the entire spinal cord
- Tones your pelvic area and buttocks
- Gives stimulation to all the internal abdominal organs
- Helps to stretch the chest and all organs in the upper body
- Expands your heart and helps increased lung function.
- Gives comfort to your entire body
- Instant stress buster
- Reduces fatigue and energises you from within
- Provides relief and soothes conditions like sciatica.
- Excellent remedy for respiratory disorders including asthma
- Induces a centred feeling
- Gives your excellent posture
- Improves mental balance, concentration and helps you focus better
- Improves problem-solving ability
- Strengthens the muscles in your leg
- Tones and shapes your legs
- Provides great support to the ligaments in the feet
- Stabilises the pelvic region and improves the functioning of internal pelvic organs
- Instant relief to shoulder pain
- Greatly improves digestion
- Increased blood flow to the brain and other parts of the body
- Triggers happy feelings by relieving stress
- Antidote to depression
- Soothes the central nervous system
- Gives excellent strength to the buttocks, hamstrings and lower back.
- Expands your upper body including chest region, spine, hips and neck
- Stimulates the thyroid gland and improves thyroid function
- Improves functioning of abdominal organs.
A special note to beginners :-
Yoga is a practice that should be enjoyed. It cleanses your body and soul alike. Take it slow and steady. Master the sense of calmness and balance at your own pace. Never give up even though you are making slow progress. The benefits of yoga take place initially in your internal organs. Hence the visible changes occur gradually. Never get disappointed. Even 15 minutes of your day spent on simple yoga poses is a bonus for your physical fitness and mental health. Again I request all the beginners to start with lessons from an experienced yoga teacher. Take deep breaths and continue your efforts until a day arrives when you feel incomplete without practising Yoga!