Meet my aunt Mrs Ambika Menon! She is a delightful multi-cuisine expert who constantly makes a whole range of lip-smacking dishes.
Today she is sharing a popular dish-Pasted Chicken, which has always been an instant hit at any occasion in the family. This is a simple and quick to make dry chicken recipe which you can prepare in a jiffy. You get a tempting appetizer made of juicy chicken pieces that always leaves you craving for more. Kids will love this dish as it has an exotic flavour and is too yummy for words.
- 400 grams Chicken (small pieces with bone or boneless)
- 1.5 tablespoon Soya Sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon Chilly sauce (Garlic flavoured chilly sauce is the most preferred for this recipe)
- 1.5 tablespoon Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Red Kashmiri Chilli powder
- ½ tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 1.5 tablespoon Refined Oil
- Salt- Not required initially
Points to note before preparation
- Wash the chicken pieces well and drain completely
- Do not add water at all during any stage of preparation.
- Do not use Coconut oil as there will be a distinctive flavour which is not required in this dish.
Mix all the ingredients, except chicken and taste this paste before adding salt.
There will be enough salt when the different types of sauces are combined. However, if you feel you still need some more salt, please add according to your taste.
Marinate the chicken with the prepared paste of spices and sauces. Then keep it aside for 15min.
Shallow fry after 15min. First, keep your frying pan covered with its lid till the chicken pieces get cooked. Then remove the lid and continue till the chicken becomes dry. Garnish as per your liking. Serve piping hot!