Water-The Magic potion
Do you know how important it is to stay hydrated ?Water accounts for more than half of your body weight. Your body needs water for its daily functions. Each cell in the living body stays healthy when it receives the proper amount of water and nutrients. Keeping your body hydrated is important in numerous ways. Some of the main benefits have been listed down below:-
- Improves physical health and performance
- Boosts energy levels
- Increases memory power
- Enhances brain functioning
- Reduces the occurrence of anxiety and panic attacks
- Improves your sleep quality
- Reduces mood swings and keeps you in happy spirits
- Improves your focusing ability and concentration power
- Boosts your weight loss
- Reduces the possibility of severe headaches
- Keeps your heart healthy
- Improves the function of your digestive system
- Keeps kidney stones away
- Promotes cell growth and nutrition
- Reduces symptoms of hangovers
- Improves the efficiency of your joints
- Keeps your bones and muscles healthy
- Keeps you motivated and feeling fresh
- Keeps your skin clear and glowing
- The perfect detox drink
- Maintains your weight at healthy levels.
The list goes on and on. These are just some among the many benefits you get by staying properly hydrated. So now, make sure that you are drinking a minimum of 6 glasses of water per day.
How do you know that you are not drinking enough water
When you are dehydrated, you feel low and weak. There are many symptoms which are an indication that the body is dehydrated. Some of the main ones are:-
- Dryness in the mouth
- Lesser trips to the bathroom
- Feeling fatigued throughout the day
- Too tired to sleep
- Headaches with increasing intensity and repeated frequency
- Feeling light-headed and confused
Tips to stay hydrated
Most of you follow very busy schedules. So here are some options that help stay hydrated:-
- Always keep a water bottle with you. If possible choose a reusable one and refill it.
- Set a reminder in your phone after each hour to take a few sips of water.
- Ask your friends /family to check that you are following your water schedule
- Have a partner to join your plan-The more, the healthier
- To enhance the taste, add some lime if you don’t like drinking plain water
Bored with plain water -Here are some alternatives
The recommended level of drinking water is to have 5-6 glasses daily. However, if you are looking for alternatives other than water, you can choose one of the following options
- Fruit juices
- Fresh fruits like watermelon, strawberries, peaches, musk melon, cantaloupe
- Coconut water
- Vegetable juices
- Vegetables like tomatoes, bell peppers, lettuce, cucumber, zucchini, celery, cauliflowers
- Butter Milk
- Skim milk
- Herbal teas
Note:- Please do keep in mind that plain water is your best option!
Healthy-clean eating, proper hydration and a good night’s sleep will keep you away from most physical and mental ailments. Check out any diet plan and you will see how they mention the importance of including water in your daily routine. So from now on, start your day with two glasses of clean drinking water. This will keep you active and happy all day long. Let’s decide to keep healthy the right way!
4 thoughts on “Top Reasons to Drink More Water”
👍👍 will try to start with 2 glasses of water in the morning
I always tell people water is my favorite energy drink in the world. I’ve reaped its benefits for years. Thanks for the great article 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome Joe 🙂 Water is my favourite energy booster too!
LikeLiked by 1 person