Welcome to another session of utterly delicious cooking.
Meet my dear sister in law- Mrs Priya Rajagopal, an all-rounder who creates magic in her kitchen. Here she is, bringing a ton of relief to all those busy moms with an extremely easy to prepare yet healthy & nutritious chicken curry.
Tangy-Green Chicken Curry
While chicken on its own is an extremely good source of protein, this dish has the added benefits and increased nutritional value from mint leaves and coriander leaves. These two ingredients make this tangy-chicken a treasure house of health benefits. So let us dive in!
- Mint leaves -30g (washed and chopped)
- Coriander leaves-30 to 50 g (freshly chopped)
- Green chillies- 10 (medium-sized)
- Pepper cons- 12
- Garlic -12 cloves
- Ginger -A small finger-sized piece
- Cinnamon powder-2 sticks or 1 teaspoon
- Cloves -3
- Grind the above ingredients to a fine paste.
- Chicken- 650g (sliced into medium pieces)
- Onion- 1 (sliced into thin pieces)
- Lemon – one half (squeeze to extract the juice and keep aside)
- Oil -As required for sauteing
- Salt -As per your taste
- Pepper powder -As per your taste for additional spice
- Coriander leaves – For garnishing (optional)
Method of preparation
- Take a thick bottomed pan.
- Add the required amount of oil.
- When the oil is heated, put in the chopped onion slices.
- Saute the onions on medium heat for 7-8 minutes till they turn light brown.
- Next, add the chicken pieces to the onion
- Add salt as per your taste and stir to mix the contents well.
- Now take the ground green masala from List 1 and add it to the chicken-onion mixture.
- Stir them well so that the spices are absorbed into the chicken.
- Keep the pan closed and let the chicken cook well.
- Stir in between to ensure that the chicken pieces simmer and blend well with the ground spices paste.
- At this point, if you feel that you need a more spicy taste, add powdered pepper (according to your preference).
- After the chicken has been cooked to perfection, sprinkle the lemon juice kept aside.
- Turn off the flame and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or mint leaves (optional)
- Serve hot with rice or Rotis.
- Get ready to savour the tangy chicken curry!