The world has come to a stage wherein staying healthy and fit is the motto for survival. Staying healthy is now the keyword in fitness regimes. More than a beauty conscious population, we now have people who are determined to stay fit and active. In a way, health is co-related to the word fitness. A person who neglects his health and fitness falls ill.
What do you mean by a healthy body?
A healthy body is a person who is in a state of mental, physical as well as emotional well being. He/ She does not suffer from any ailment or pain.
A simple explanation for Fitness
Fitness can be described as maintaining the wellbeing of your body at all levels-physical, emotional(spiritual) and mental states. A fit person is someone who is aware of his physical health and keeps his mind occupied with happy positive thoughts.
What do you need to get a healthy & fit body?
- A deep and genuine interest to keep your body fit
- The Will power to stick to a health & fitness plan
- The Patience and willingness to wait for and see results
Today we’ll have a look at some very simple changes to adopt for a healthier lifestyle. These are the basic changes you can adopt slowly at your own pace. Make up your mind to keep yourself healthy and fit. Start practising the following points daily. Here, I have divided the points into two groups. One is for your physical health, the other for your emotional well-being.
Focus on your Physical Health
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking lots of water-a minimum of 3 litres per day. This flushes away the toxic components in the body.
- Begin a healthy, balanced diet and control your intake of junk food.
- Lower your alcohol consumption and stick to limits
- Say no to Smoking-it may be hard but highly advisable
- Introduce loads of fruits and vegetables, especially green leafy veggies.
- Start physical exercise- if you are a beginner, start slow and steady
- Take up walking for a minimum of 30 minutes per day
- Give your body proper rest.
How to keep your mind healthy
- Give serious thought to Controlling your negative thoughts
- Practice mindfulness through Daily Meditation
- Start breathing exercises with the help of an experienced Teacher
- Believe in yourself- You create your destiny with positive thoughts
- Stay away from negativity
- Learn to say No when needed
- Practice self-love and make sure to take care of yourself
- Laugh away your worries and spend time with close friends who bring out the smiles in you.
- Sleep well and sleep sound
- Realise that you receive what you send out into the Universe- So keep your vibrations high
- Practice gratitude for all the blessings in your life
A concluding tip
Keeping yourself in good spirits and adopting a healthy lifestyle brings you inner peace and stability. Just follow these tips and I promise you will start seeing positive changes in your life. Stay happy and healthy!